Commercial Truck Accident Laws – What to Do if a Commercial Truck Hits You?
Commercial truck accidents often cause catastrophic injuries and death because of the sheer size and weight of the truck. Occasionally, accident victims get lucky and suffer less severe or minor injuries. If you suffered injuries in a commercial truck accident, you should always seek medical attention. Some injuries do not manifest for hours or days later. Allowing emergency medical technicians to check you over and taking a trip to the emergency room starts the paper trail if you do have serious injuries.
After a commercial truck accident, contact Koglmeier Law Group, PLC commercial truck accident attorneys in Mesa, AZ, for a free case evaluation.
Why Do I Need a Commercial Truck Accident Attorney?
You need a commercial truck accident attorney in Mesa, AZ, for several reasons. First, commercial truck accidents are always complex, even if only the commercial truck driver is at fault. In many cases, the driver could share liability for your injuries with other parties, including but not limited to:
- The truck owner or lessor.
- The trucking company and any of its employees, including dispatchers and truck technicians.
- Independent dispatchers.
- Independent truck technicians.
- A third party driver – another vehicle on the road that caused the wreck and caused the truck to hit you.
- Third-party inspectors.
- Weather conditions.
- Road conditions. The county, state or another municipality might share partial liability for your injuries.
As part of the investigation into your case, your legal team will determine whether someone in addition to the driver is at fault for the wreck.
Additionally, insurance companies are in business to make money. They will try anything to deny your case. Barring that, they will offer a pittance that might not even cover your medical expenses.
When you retain Koglmeier Law Group, PLC commercial truck accident lawyers in Mesa, AZ, they ensure that you recover the compensation you deserve.
After a Commercial Truck Accident
If you are able to move without causing additional harm to yourself after a commercial truck accident:
- Call first responders and check on others involved in the wreck.
- Take photos of the accident scene. Be sure to take photos from all angles and include damage to the road and nearby property. This is the first step toward documenting your case and could significantly aid your legal team in investigating your case.
- Give the police officer your statement.
- Allow emergency medical technicians to check you over, even if you believe your injuries are not severe. This is the first step in documenting injuries, especially those that manifest hours or even days later.
- Contact a commercial truck accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Do I Have to Go to Trial?
Not necessarily. If you retain a commercial truck accident lawyer in Mesa, AZ, insurance companies are more likely to settle with a reasonable amount. However, if the insurance company is still refusing a fair and reasonable settlement, your Mesa, AZ, commercial truck accident attorney might recommend going to trial. It is wholly up to you whether you accept the insurance company’s settlement.
However, insurance companies will offer the least amount possible since paying out settlements affects their bottom lines. The pittance they offer may not cover medical expenses, never mind other damages you could be entitled to, especially if those injuries cause long-term or permanent disabilities.
Contact a Mesa, AZ Commercial Truck Accident Lawyer
After suffering injuries or losing a loved one in a commercial truck accident, contact a Mesa, AZ truck accident lawyer for a free case evaluation.
Get A Free Case Evaluation
We are here to help you with law questions